This Terms of Service document (the “Terms”) outlines the terms and conditions of use of the VPN services (the “Services” or “Service”) provided by Vava VPN International Ltd. (“VavaVPN”). These Terms also govern the use of and access to VavaVPN’s content (the “Content”), which includes the VavaVPN website (the “Site”), applications (the “Apps”), and any software provided by VavaVPN (the “Software”).
Information collected when you use our services
In order to continuously improve the levels of service we provide; we collect information about your use of our services to monitor for problems and look for opportunities to make improvements.
● Usage information.
We collect information about how you interact with our services, such as how often you use our services, how much bandwidth you use, and when and for how long you use our services.
● Device information
We collect information from and about the device you use to access our services, including about the browsers and Vava VPN apps you use to access our services. For example, we may collect device identifiers, browser types, device types and settings, operating system versions, mobile, wireless, and other network information (such as internet service provider name, carrier name and signal strength), and application version numbers.
● Diagnostic information
We may collect information about the nature of the requests that you make to our servers (such as what is being requested, information about the device and app used to make the request, timestamps, and referring URLs). However, our VPN product do not log any information that associates your identity with your VPN browsing activity. We do not maintain any records that show what you were browsing or accessing through a VPN connection. VPN Product Privacy Notice for more information.
● Location information
Unless otherwise expressly stated, we do not collect your location information based on your device’s GPS or other device sensor data. However, we may collect your approximate location by calculating an imprecise latitude and longitude based on your IP address to provide you with better service (e.g., to connect you to the nearest and fastest VPN server).
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
Vava VPN uses your information for the purposes described below. Vava VPN employs internal risk management functions to ensure we continue to only use your information for the purposes we disclose to you and are taking appropriate steps to protect that data from exposure.
● To provide, maintain, troubleshoot, and support our services
We use your personal data for this purpose on the basis that it is required to fulfil our contractual obligations to you. Examples: using information about how much bandwidth you use and how long you use our services in order to provide the services in accordance with a plan to which you have subscribed; using threat and device information to determine whether certain items pose a potential security threat; and using usage information to troubleshoot a problem you report with our services and to ensure the proper functioning of our services.
● To communicate with users and prospective users
We use your information to communicate with you, including by responding to your requests, and sending you information and updates about our services. We may do this in order to fulfil our contract with you, because you consented to the communication, or because we have a legitimate interest in providing you with information about our services.
● To improve our services
We want to offer you the best services and user experiences we can, so we have a legitimate interest in continually improving and optimizing our services. To do so, we use your information to understand how users interact with our services. Examples: we analyse certain usage, device, and diagnostic information to understand aggregated usage trends and user engagement with our services (and, for example, invest in technical infrastructure to better serve regions with increasing user demand); we may use device and threat information to conduct spam, threat, and other scientific research to improve our threat detection capabilities; we review customer feedback to understand what we could be doing better.
● To develop new services
We have a legitimate interest in using your information to plan for and develop new services. For example, we may use customer feedback to understand what new services users may want.
● To market and advertise our services
We may use your information to provide, measure, personalize, and enhance our advertising and marketing based on our legitimate interest in offering you services that may be of interest. Examples: we may use information such as who or what referred you to our services to understand how effective our advertising is; we may use information to administer promotional activities such as sweepstakes and referral programs. Note that our VPN product do not use your VPN browsing activity for these purposes and we do not maintain any records that show what you were browsing or accessing through a VPN connection.
● To prevent harm or liability
We may use information for security purposes (such as to investigate security issues or to monitor and prevent fraud) and to prevent abuse. We may do this to comply with our legal obligations, to protect an individual’s vital interests, or because we have a legitimate interest in preventing harm or liability to Vava VPN and our users. For example, we may use account, usage, and device information to determine if an entity is engaging in abusive or unauthorized activity in connection with our services.
● For legal compliance.
We internally use your information as required by applicable law, legal process, or regulation. To learn about our practices regarding sharing your information with third parties for legal compliance purposes, see Section 3.1 below. We also use your information to enforce our legal rights and resolve disputes.
Tracking Technologies & Cookies
About Tracking Technologies
Vava VPN uses various technologies in our services to help us collect information, primarily on our websites and in our marketing emails. For convenience, we refer to these as “tracking technologies,” although they are not always used to track individuals.
Tracking technologies include:
- Pixel Tags / Page Tags / Web Beacons / Tracking Links: These are small, hidden images and blocks of code placed in web pages, ads, and our emails that allow us to determine if you perform a specific action. When you access a page, ad, or email, or click a link, these items let us know that you have accessed that page, opened an email, or clicked a link.
- SDKs: SDKs or software development kits are software code provided by our business partners that let our software interact with the services those partners provide. For example, in our free mobile apps, we may use an SDK to enable our app to serve ads from an advertising network. Sometimes these interactions will involve that business partner collecting some information from the device on which the software is run.
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to help us understand how users use our services. Google makes available a Google Analytics Opt Out Browser Add-On if you do not want to participate in Google Analytics.
Processing of your data
Vava VPN processes user data to a limited scope – for provision of the Services, processing payments for the Services, and that which pertains to the basic functionality of the mobile applications. We process the following basic information:
- Payment related information
- Payment data (if using paid Services). This information is necessary to collect payments for our Services. Payment is handled by In-app purchase payment mechanisms of the respective Play Stores namely Google and Apple. We do not process this payment it is exclusively processed by the respective Play store.
- Statistical server load information. We monitor server performance (CPU, RAM, Server’s net usage) to recommend the most suitable servers to our customers.
- Username and a timestamp of the last session status. This information is used to limit the amount of concurrent active user sessions and is automatically deleted within 15 minutes after a session is terminated.
- Connectivity information. To prevent abuse and to be able to dispute unfair chargebacks, we register whether the user has used the Service in the last 30 days. No personally identifiable information is collected in this case, apart from the fact that the Service was or was not used during the mentioned period.
Information collected on our applications
- Application diagnostics. This aggregated and anonymized data helps us to identify problems related to our app performance and updates. The collected information includes crash error reports. This information is general and not specific in any manner and reported by Google Firebase.
- Device information. This is reported by Google Play console and is not specific to any user.
- Device identifiers. In some cases, we may record your mobile device’s identifier for analytics purposes. These identifiers are assigned to your device by the OS manufacturer and can be reset at any time from your device’s settings. This information is ascertained by the Google services.
Sharing your personal data
We use third-party service providers to help us with various operations, such as payment processing, email automation, website and app diagnostics, analytics and other. As a result, some of these providers may process personal information.
Some of our main long-term service providers:
- Application analytics and diagnostics – Google Analytics, Firebase Analytics (provided by Google);
Sometimes our service providers, for example, distributors, resellers, and app store partners, will be independent controllers of your data. Their terms and conditions and privacy policies will apply to such relationships.
We take data security very seriously and take all steps reasonably necessary to secure your data (whether technical, physical, or administrative). However, no company can guarantee the absolute security of internet communications. By using the Services, you expressly acknowledge that we cannot guarantee the security of any data provided to or received by us through the Services and that any information received from you through the website or our Services is provided at your own responsibility.
Information for users in the European Economic Area (EEA)
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) requires that we provide notice in a specific way to our European users about their privacy rights.
Information for users in California
If you are a California resident, you can implement your rights as provided in the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. As per definitions in the CCPA, please note that Vava VPN does not sell your personal information.